Thursday, February 10, 2011


Will post more Giraffe stuff later, but in the meantime...

Here's a rough sketch I hope will be accepted as the cover for that's Shanghai suppliment Urban anatomy. Cross fingers, I'm busy and don't want to go through what happened last time, to their credit I've been getting a lot more detailed briefs. The Panda was my effort at vector art. I did it using iDraw for iPad. It's a pretty solid program, and not that difficult to use, but struggling with gradients and the pinch zoom is a bit finicky. I want the new iPad, I've hit the limitations of the current one :( Considering I'm not a fan of working in vector, especially as for me it's difficult to do the type of organic line art I like, this came out OK. Also playing with another new iPad app, sketch club, it only has two layers, and it's still kinda clunky like art rage, but it has by far the best integrated community element. Considering it's only 2 months old, and ha s a ton of members making great things, i expect some good updates and I'll stick with it a bit longer and post some stuff up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment