Saturday, August 14, 2010

Not much to update this week. Taking a break from the Naomi and Poggie for a while. Will finish those strip some time with tones ready for a B&W print, for the upcoming 'made in China' book I'm working on.

In the meantime, I am happily employed at 5 minutes and I don't do freelance, but if there's a fun project I'll do it. If they give me money, I won't say no.

This image here represents why I don't like the BS that goes with freelance. I got approached to do some drawings. Looked fun, and I quoted them a sum, that I got repeatedly asked about it, to which I repeatedly confirmed (BTW something like this will cost you 70Euros I spent about 90minutes including thumbs). I took it as I like doing loose designy drawings too, and I think you can do fun things here. Anyway it turned out to be a test and the people were testing me against Chinese students who'll do this for 100rmb (10 Euros). For future reference if you want to hire somebody who has been getting paid to draw for over ten years, look at their portfolio. Mine is this site and majortoons.com. See if you find something that would suit your need. If you can't find it, you don't want me. Easy, don't like people wasting my time. I like to draw, but if it's not stupid girls with guns, or Naomi and Poggie, it's work. So no I don't enjoy drawing stuff for you that you may or may not pay me for.

Overall I was actually happy with this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment